Priority Access FAQs
The Priority Access program was a special pathway offer for new and existing Medtronic customers who purchased the MiniMed 630G system between August 10, 2016, and April 28, 2017. Participants were eligible to purchase the MiniMed 670G system at a special pathway price and were among the first in line to access our latest technology.
The Priority Access program ended on April 28, 2017.
Yes. You will receive communication from Medtronic when it’s time to order to ensure that we have all the documentation necessary to process your order. Once we receive your prescription from your doctor and verify insurance coverage, we will ship your new system to you.
I’m so sorry to hear this. Medtronic is actively working with both large and small insurance companies across the nation to help ensure access for the many people with type 1 diabetes who can benefit from the therapy. We anticipate coverage to increase over time.
- One option is to communicate your coverage situation with your physician and/or contact your insurance carrier to discuss your specific MiniMed 670G system coverage and/or address your ongoing supply coverage concerns. If you want to pursue coverage, we have a “MiniMed 670G System Coverage Inquiry Toolkit” to get you started in your outreach to your insurance company located: here.
- Another option is that if you are comfortable knowing that your ongoing consumables orders may not be covered by your insurance carrier because they do not recognize the MiniMed 670G system as medically necessary, we can move forward with your place in line for the MiniMed 670G pump. Remember, until your insurance carrier’s policy changes, you may be financially responsible for all ongoing supplies for the MiniMed 670G system.
- If yes for Medicare patients: We’ll complete an Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN) for the lifetime of pump and ongoing supplies or until your medical policy changes.
We are working as quickly as we can to take and fill orders for those who participated in the Priority Access Program. In addition to confirming your order and getting a prescription from your doctor, we also need to make sure your doctor’s office is set up to support you on this new first-of-its-kind technology. We’re getting to healthcare provider practices as quickly as we can, but it is taking time.
As part of the Priority Access program, you are among the first to receive the MiniMed 670G system. However, before shipping systems to everyone in the Priority Access program, we think it’s important to test and learn from the training and onboarding program we’ve designed specifically for this product. Since the technology is so new and different, this program is a lot different than what we’ve done with previous pumps and sensors. So, we’re working with a subset of patients from the Priority Access program and their healthcare providers before we roll it out to everyone in Priority Access. This “Customer Training Phase” will help ensure that patients like you who transition to our system will have the best possible experience.
We will start shipping MiniMed 670G systems to people not in the Priority Access program in late summer/early fall.
Because we’re a regulated industry, there are strict rules about the credits we can offer. That’s why we offer System Access, so you can leverage your experience to provide Medtronic with valuable services that we can then compensate you for.
Completion of these activities within 120 days of your shipment date is required to get the refund:
- Patient story: This will be used to help other patients understand and relate to the experience of going on the world’s first hybrid closed loop system. It can be video (2-4 minutes) or written (about 500 words).
- You will be sent a link via email to upload your story to Qualtrics, the survey company we work with. Qualtrics communicates automatically with your account to confirm that you have completed each requirement. The invitation email will include suggested topics.
- Surveys: Responses are completely anonymous and aggregated. The first survey takes about 20 minutes and the other two about 30-40 minutes each.
- Like the story, you will be sent links to each of the surveys. Once you complete them, your account will be automatically credited.
- CareLink uploads: We ask customers to upload twice per month.